Thursday, January 15, 2015

Reflecting on Renewal

Luke 5:16 (ESV) 16 But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray.

Ahh, thanks I needed this. Have you said that before? I hope you have. My question is how often does the average pastor truly get away from the office and the church to be alone and pray? I would imagine that it is not nearly enough. I know so many folks that the only time they get out of the office is to make it to the hospital. I am not sure that is what Jesus intended ministry to be like. To be alone gives us a new perspective. We find that it is one of the very things that Jesus did over and over to keep his head in the ministry game. Ministry is tough. We have to be tough. And yet, like sandpaper on the skin, it will do more than irritate. I think it is necessary to step away so that we do not become too calloused. I share with you all to just take some time for reflection and renewal. It does not need to be much or even very long. Just go to a desolate place and pray. I believe that you will be renewed and will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment