Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Blessed Nation

I am a Patriot!
I love the United States of America.
I love my country in which I live.
I love to watch the Stars and Stripes of Old Glory fly.
I love the people of my country
I love life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness
I love freedom of religion, I love freedom of speech
I love freedom of the press, freedom to assemble, the freedom to bear arms.
I love The United States of America.

But I love God more. I Love God More!

There was a time when we had the Ten Commandments on the wall of the cafeteria.
There was a time that we took time in the morning to pray.
There was a time that the Bible was considered to be school literature.
There was a time when we said the pledge without anyone objecting.
There was a time when saying something is a sin was not considered a hate crime.
There was a time when being tolerant still meant you could have a Christian opinion.

But I love God More! I love God more.

Most of us can recently recall when our nation was a nation that held Judeo-Christian values.

We recall Presidents and political leaders praying in public.
We remember them asking for God to bless America.
We remember when the Rev. Billy Graham was one of the frequent advisors to the president.
We remember when Israel was considered to be an ally and not a preventer of peace.
We remember when America stood for freedom and justice.

And then I recall that I Love God more! I Love God More!

Our Nation has seen tragedy and victory.
Our Nation has fallen apart and stood together.
Our Nation grown in numbers and been high in spirit.
Our Nation has been struck down and yet bounced back up.
Our Nation has fought hard and yet abounds in compassion.
Our Nation has been compromised and yet been idolized.

And Still, I know I love God more! I love God more.

Long ago the Psalmist wrote:
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage! 13 The LORD looks down from heaven; he sees all the children of man; 14 from where he sits enthroned he looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, 15  he who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds. Psalm 33:12-15 (ESV)

Is God watching us now? Is God seeing our deeds? Are we still part of God’s heritage? Are we a blessed Nation? Are we one Nation under God?

All I can do is answer for myself! I am a Patriot. I Love the United States of America.

But I love God More! I love God more!

No comments:

Post a Comment