Friday, April 11, 2014

Breaking Through the Barrier?

Written a couple years ago. Thought it needed to be shared again.


I hate trying to drive in the snow. Especially in a vehicle that is not meant for such climates. My minivan is one such vehicle. I love it, but it is no fun when there is a little snow on the ground. Just the other day I got stuck in the church parking lot. There I was spinning my wheels stuck in a snow bank, with a line of people waiting to get by me on the street. I got moved a little and they finally went around me. It was disappointing and discouraging. I really want another truck but know it is not feasible.
How many people today are like my van? I know that often I am, especially when it comes to prayer. I try and I try and I try to pray, yet get nowhere. I do not feel accomplished, I do not feel the movement that should come with prayer. Instead, I am spinning and spinning.
Recently I have been reading and trying to do some study on prayer. Reading from Andrew Murray in The Prayer Life and reading Jesus' parable in Luke 18, I find myself needing to be more and more like the widow. If I seek justice then I need to go to the Source of Justice. If I seek answers then I need to go to the source of where those answers will be given and not give up until they are. If I really desire the answer then I must believe that it will given.
I have found that when you are stuck, that any movement is good movement. That means that you still have the potential to move. Sometimes it will take a push. Sometimes it will take some backing up and getting a better track. Whatever it is - keep moving. You are certain to have a breakthrough soon.

Keep Praying, Keep Praying, Keep the Faith!
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment