Friday, April 11, 2014

Connectedness and an Electric Charge.

    When I was in my teens I was electrocuted. My parents were doing some remodeling to the house one summer and we were staying in a camper. One morning I was outside, ran to the camper door with my wet feet and .............ZZZZAAAARRRRRPPPPPP! 220 volts running through my body. It was a shocking (LOL) experience and probably explains my strangeness to this day. I remember that electric charge going into my arm, through my body and then down to the ground. If I had not fell backward I probably would have been crispy.
    As I reflect about that still today, and then relate it all to my Christian life, I long for that "groundedness." I think we all do. It is so easy to have the Word, prayer, worship, and even stewardship in and around us all the time. However, until we are grounded to God, nothing in us is ever going to happen in His will. It just sits there waiting, waiting, waiting, and then gradually dissipates into empty space. However, living with God, living unto God, and being grounded in God makes the whole difference.
    One of the warnings I have always shared with friends, family and the church is that facts and knowledge about God are not enough. We can easily attain lots of information about God. But it takes more than just information. It takes a rooted relationship. Without the rooted relationship, without the "connectedness" to God we have no power. Maybe that is the reason the Trinity is such an amazing realization about God. When we are connected to God we are connected to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This is the power. This is the electric charge for the Christian. This is how the power flows.

I pray that we all find this kind of power from on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment